Self-Defense for Individuals
Intensive 12 Hour Self-Defense Courses
Self-Defense Course Fees
Teens Only, July 31 – Aug 2
- $150 for full-time students*
- $200 for entire course
- $185 early bird special discount (register at least 4 weeks ahead)
- Bring-a-friend discount: $175 each: ($350 for both; you pay for both at once)
- Scholarship assistance available
*All registrations for the teen course are $150.
These in-depth courses are 12 hours over three days (Friday evening and Saturday and Sunday afternoon). Each day, students have the opportunity to practice physical skills, awareness skills, verbal skills, and social skills that will enhance their safety in a variety of situations with strangers, acquaintances, and intimates.
Specific topics include:
- Peaceful conflict resolution
- Dealing with harassment
- Recognizing red flags in intimate relationships
- Defending yourself against a physical or sexual assault
- Facing an armed assailant
- Releases from grabs
- Fighting from the ground
- Intervening safely when others are the target of violence
The Mother/Daughter Intensive is appropriate for adults and teens 12 and up. The Teen Intensive is appropriate for teens 12 – 19.
Low Cost 90 Minute Self-Defense Workshops
Low Cost 90-Minute
Next workshop: Saturday, July 25, for teens ages 12-19
Cost: $15-25 sliding scale
These short, low-cost workshops are designed to provide an overview of self-defense and provide practical skills for dealing with emergency situations as well as everyday annoyances.All workshops are on Saturday afternoons from 1:30-3:00 pm.
Inquiries about courses and workshops please contact:
Amy L. E. Jones, LSW – Violence Prevention and Self-Defense Program Manager
Email: email@example.com / Phone: 773-472-7663